As the internationally-recognized dance training center, Steps on Broadway is always interested in hearing from dedicated and talented individuals that are interested in joining our faculty and administrative staff.
For teaching and accompanist positions, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For administrative positions, please see below for a list of current opportunities. General inquiries can be sent to email@example.com.
For information about our work study program, click here.
For information about teaching opportunities with the Steps Beyond Foundation’s Community Engagement Program, please click here.
Director of Marketing and Communications
Reports to: Managing Director
Direct Reports: Marketing Manager, Social Media Associate, Media Associate, Public Re-lations Firm (external), Website Manager (external), Graphic Designer (external).
Dotted Line Reports: Director of Group Sales/Assistant Managing Director, Registrar
Purpose: To retain existing clients, to find and develop new clients, and to deliver on all elements of the brand promise.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement effective marketing strategies and tactics to drive and increase top line revenues for all programs and classes:
- Create and monitor ongoing annual marketing campaigns including direct mail, print advertising, e-marketing and social media marketing,
- Plan, supervise, coordinate, and approve the production, preparation, and distribu-tion of all print and digital marketing materials,
- Establish and implement customer loyalty and retention strategies and tactics data analytics,
- Establish and implement new business development strategies to target and attract new customers,
- Analyze sales patterns and determine appropriate marketing tactics to increase ca-pacity and insure sales optimization,
- Evaluate the overall effectiveness and cost of sale for all marketing tactics.
- Engage and collaborate with faculty to maximize their social media presence,
- Work with the Public Relations Firm, to develop national, regional, and local me-dia coverage with a variety of story angles and ideas,
- Work with Director of Group Sales to develop and implement group sales strategies.
- Ensure maximal use of MindBody database.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director, Artistic Director and program staff to evaluate programs and recommend changes.
- Create a positive, inviting, user-friendly and current website experience for customers and potential customers:
- Work with website manager to update and refresh the website on a regular basis
- Create a user-friendly, sales oriented interface for customers.
- Develop and manage the organization’s brand:
- Create and monitor ongoing institutional marketing campaigns including direct mail, print advertising, e-marketing and social media marketing
- Plan, supervise, coordinate, and approve the production, preparation, and distribution of all print and digital marketing materials,
- Oversee and approve use of institutional imagery in all materials
- Work with the Executive Director, Managing Director, Artistic Director, program staff, and marketing staff to accurately brand the organization and all of its services.
- Establish and communicate the organizational positioning to staff, faculty and the dance community.
- Budget and forecast top line revenues and marketing and public relations expenses.
- Provide regular sales reports reflecting budget goals and current vs past YTD sta-tus of revenues to Executive Director and Managing Director
- Develop and monitor marketing expense budget
- Set pricing annually, analyze and set pricing policies; make recommendations to Managing Director on pricing strategies and income projections.
- Oversee and coordinate market research and competitive analysis.
- Develop promotions, marketing partnerships, and sponsorships with businesses, media partners, dance companies/dance-related organizations, and other like-minded organiza-tions
- Ensure that sponsorship marketing and recognition needs are met.
- Proactively manage cross-promotional opportunities.
- Exercise a leadership role both internally and externally
- Hire, supervise and develop the marketing staff,
- Support program directors/managers,
- Participate in executive meetings and other internal meetings as necessary.
- Serve as an ambassador for Steps on Broadway locally, regionally and nationally.
- Revenue goals are met or exceeded
- Number of clients increases
- Campaigns successfully executed
- Deadlines are met
- Demonstrate effective use of resources, including time, money, and materials
- Organizational policies are adhered to
- Confidentiality of all constituents is protected
- Demonstrated record of success in using effective marketing strategies to increase revenues
- Minimum seven years of experience as marketing director in the performing arts/education field (preferably in dance)
- Ability to manage numerous campaigns concurrently and effectively
- Knowledge of marketing and audience development strategies, graphic, online and video design principles and production process, e-commerce, social media strategies, database management and customer service programs is required
- Managerial experience in leading a strong team and setting a positive work environment
- Have an enthusiastic, outgoing, confident, and collaborative personal style with excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding analytical skills and intellectual curiosity
- Excellent written and communication skills
- BA required
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please enter “Director of Marketing and Communications” in the subject line. No phone calls please. EOE.
Steps on Broadway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls, please.