Please check back for future dates
Good teaching is about good communication, and is a tremendous responsibility – Risa Steinberg
Physical and verbal clarity are imperative for instructors to master. This workshop focuses on these skills and others needed to be an effective teacher.
- Using precise vocabulary to communicate information clearly
- Exploring the basic elements common to all styles and techniques, ie. use of space and music, breathing, transitions
- Learning to develop a critical eye to address cause rather than symptom
- Developing the structure and pacing of a class
The workshop includes an Intermediate Modern class with Limon Influence for all participants. Participants choose to either observe or take class.
Meet Risa Steinberg
- Juilliard Dance Department Faculty Member since 2004
- Boards: Dance panel for New York State Council on the Arts, Jose Limon Foundation, Bessie Award Selection Committee
- Co-director of the Ann & Weston Hicks Choreography Project at Jacob’s Pillow
- Coaches dancers internationally
- → Read more about Risa Steinberg