The Steps Conservatory Program prepares intermediate and advanced dancers, ages 17-24* for a professional career in the concert and commercial dance worlds. This two-year curriculum-based program is designed to strengthen students’ technique and artistry through study and performance and offers a ballet/contemporary and a theater dance/jazz track.
Upon the successful completion of the program, students graduate with a Certificate of Completion, have a network of professional contacts, and are well-trained, versatile, multi-disciplinary artists.
Students in the program have studied with:
- Artistic Directors/Choreographers of Contemporary Dance Companies –
Juan Rodriguez, Davis Robertson, Marielis Garcia, Max Stone, Bradley Shelver, Heidi Latsky, Janis Brenner
- American Dance Machine for the 21st Century
- Broadway & Off-Broadway Choreographers – Chet Walker, Billy Griffin, Bill Hastings, Jack Gill
- Career Planning & Professional Marketing Services – Jaqlin Medlock, Calabay Productions, Jacob Hiss, Bob Rizzo, Katy Kauffman
- Health & Wellness – Monika Sagal MS, RD, CEDRD, CDN, Dawn Smith-Theodore; Adrienne Stevens, EdD, Performing Health; Harkness Center for Dance Injuries
- Verdon Fosse Legacy Project Reconstructeurs –
Lloyd Culbreath, Dana Moore, Mimi Quillin
- Vocal & Acting Coaches –
Bronwen Carson, Jan Horvath, Erin Ortman
And have performed in the following:
- Steps Beyond Foundation’s Performance Labs
- End of Semester Showcases
- New York Jazz Choreography Project
- NBC Red Nose Day
- Celebrate Dance at the Ailey Citibank Theater
*Steps on Broadway is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant students. International students must be 18 years or older for program consideration.