French Translation | Italian Translation | Japanese Translation | Spanish Translation
Items to be included in your application packet:
- Completed application form
- Dance resume in English
- Letter of introduction in English, stating your reasons for choosing Steps on Broadway and your plans for your future in dance.
- Letter of recommendation in English from a dance instructor or mentor.
- Copy of your current passport (your original must be presented upon admission to Steps)
- DVD or web link showing dance technique (no longer than 2 minutes in length)
- Two photos of yourself, showing a first arabesque position and tendu à la second arms in fifth.
- One passport size photo
- Non-refundable $200 application fee payable by credit card (Visa or MC), money order or travelers checks in U.S. dollars.
- Health Form signed by a physician (link to health form)
- Current personal bank statement (or bank statement and letter from a financial supporter or sponsor) showing funds sufficient to cover living expenses and tuition while studying at Steps on Broadway. Documents must be written in English and must show the currency in US dollars.
Bank Proof Information
The following documents are acceptable forms of Financial support:
- Official Bank Statement – a bank statement must indicate an amount greater than or equal to the required amount.
- $7,500 for a 3 month period
- $13,000 for a 6 month period
- $26,000 for a 12 month period
- The amount must be shown in U.S. Dollars. The statement must be in the name of the applicant, parent or sponsor.
- Official Bank Letter – an official bank letter should confirm a balance equal to or in excess of the tuition and living expenses for the expected length of studies.
If the statement is in a sponsor’s name, then the statement must be accompanied by a notarized, sworn Affidavit of Support (INS Form I-134 available from the U.S. Consulate). An affidavit of support specifies the types and amount of support being pledged and the length of time that support would continue. An example: $1,294.00 per month living expenses and $8,424.00 per year for tuition cost, for the period of… An example: “…Mr. Smith is maintaining an account with us with a balance currently exceeding $18,390…” This letter must be dated and signed by a bank officer, i.e. branch manager, operations officer, etc.
- Official Award Letter – If the applicant is receiving a government or institutional scholarship, grant or loan, please submit the award letter. The award letter must state the amount and duration of the scholarship, grant or loan and must specify if the funds are renewable on an annual basis. It must be written in English or accompanied by a certified translation. If the award does not cover the total cost of tuition, fees and living expenses, additional financial documentation must be enclosed.
- Official Proof of income or employment of family member – If you are being funded by your family, a letter, paycheck stub, annual income tax return, etc. proving that they are gainfully employed and will be able to provide for your tuition and living expenses should be included among your documentation.
Mail all of the above to:
Steps on Broadway
International Student Visa Program
New York, NY 10023
Incomplete application packets will not be accepted.
Steps on Broadway will notify you of your acceptance within two weeks after receiving your completed application. You will be notified by email or postal service