Become a stronger, more confident, and financially independent dancer/teacher
The Steps’ Steele Pilates Teacher Certification & Individual Pilates Protocol Workshops are designed for individuals:
- Looking to supplement a dance career
- Create a career as a certified Pilates instructor
- Individuals who want to achieve a high level of competency in this body conditioning technique
- Certified Pilates instructors who need to maintain certification
Students certified in this workshop have gone on to work with private clients of all ages, to teach at gyms, and Pilates studios.
Created and taught by PMA (Pilates Method Alliance) Certified Pilates instructor and PMA-CEC provider, Teri Lee Steele (click for bio & certifications).
Monday & Wednesday, 4-7pm; Tuesday & Thursday 4-6pm
Purchase online or at Steps by June 16, 2017
• 20 hours of lectures and supervised teaching
• 10 hours of self-practice Pilates Mat classes (completed by August 4, 2017)
• Online exam (completed by August 4, 2017)
• All certificate candidates are required to read the Anatomy of Movement by Blandine Calais-Germain prior to the first class. Click here to purchase book at Barnes & Noble.
• All certificate candidates must show proof that they have taken a minimum of ten (10) Pilates classes in the past three (3) months leading up to the start of the program
Upon successful completion of all course lectures, self-practice hours, and online exam a teaching certificate will be awarded.
This course is accepted as a pre-requisite for most Pilates apparatus certifications.
Course work includes:
- Anatomy Review
- History of Pilates, Pilates Core and Movement Principals
- Posture Assessment
- Pilates Mat Exercises
- Modifications for Special Populations
- Supervised Teaching
- Observation Hours*
- Written & Practical Exams
*students may take class with and observe any regularly scheduled Pilates teacher
Prepay Discount: $1,600 (available through May 28, 2017 for Summer session)
Click here to purchase Summer session.
International Independent Study Program (IISP) students that want to incorporate this certification into their training may apply a portion of their IISP tuition. Please contact the Professional Training Program Director for further information. Steps on Broadway is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant students
For questions regarding course specifics contact: email@example.com
Course and certification is recognized by the Pilates Method Alliance