Our Popular Spotlight Series is back In-Studio with limited spaces as well as on-line.
Your chance to dance with a different special guest artists!
Artistic Directors, Choreographers, & Teachers from the concert stage, Broadway, television & film
Virtual Class: $17
In-Studio Class: $23
In-studio classes are available for sign up at midnight 3 days prior to the class date.
All class times are EST.
Minimum age for Spotlight classes is 15.
Tuesday, June 22 • 7:30-9:00pm • EBONY WILLIAMS • Adv/Int Contemporary
- Cedar Lake Contemporary Ballet as the company’s first African American female dancer.
- Featured in the movie Adjustment Bureau staring Matt Damon and Emily Blunt
- Appeared on So You Think You Can Dance and Ohad Naharin’s documentary Out of Focus
- → more about Ebony Williams
Thursday, June 24 • 7:30-9:00pm • ELIZA OHMAN • Adv/Int Theater Dance
- US Associate Choreographer for SIX: The Musical
- Most recently seen onstage screaming, crying, and being flung 25 ft in the air by a 2,000 lbs puppet in King Kong
- Career favorites include “Fosse/Verdon,” Hamilton, and dancing for Carly Rae Jepsen’s “I Really Like You” music video
- → more about Eliza Ohman
Thursday, July 1 • 7:30-9:00pm • JOSH BERGASSE • Adv/Int Theater Jazz
July 5 • 7:30-9:00pm • BILLY GRIFFIN • Adv/Int Theater Jazz
- Choreography: Hudson Valley Dance Festival, The Red Bucket Follies, The Drama League Gala (honoring Steve Martin), Issac Mizrahi for QVC, and others
- Associate/Assistant choreographer for Sonya Tayeh, Josh Bergasse, Andy Blankenbuhler and Al Blackstone
- Lululemon Ambassador
- → more about Billy Griffin
Thursday, July 8 • 7:30-9:00pm • CANDACE BROWN • Adv/Int Commercial Hip-Hop
- Teaches and choreographs all over the world, including Japan, London, Italy, Australia, France, South Africa, and more
- Danced/assisted X-Factor, Dancing With The Stars, Dickinson, Billboard Awards, BET’s Black Girls Rock and the VMAs
- Debuted her first full-length evening show called “The Soul Spot”, for 3 sold-out performances
- → more about Candace Brown
Monday, July 12 • 8:00-9:30pm • SHANNON LEWIS • Adv Theater Dance
- Choreographer of the groundbreaking and inventive musical The Secret Silk by Stephen Schwartz and John Tartaglia.
- Choreographed Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, as well as the musical film Stuck starring Amy Madigan, Giancarlo Esposito and Ashanti
- Starred in I Gotcha in the original Broadway cast of Fosse and is featured singing I Gotcha on the Original Cast album.
- → more about Shannon Lewis
Thursday, July 15 • 8:00-9:30pm • KARLA PUNO GARCIA • Adv/Int Jazz
Monday, July 19 • 8:00-9:30pm • DEBBIE ROSHE • Adv/Int Jazz
- Broadway credits include Woman of the Year and Camelot
- Choreographic experience includes Palm Beach at La Jolla Playhouse, Damn Yankees at Ivoryton Playhouse, A Novel Romance, among others
- Assistant Choreographer for the NY Workshop of Jekyll and Hyde and the Off-Broadway Productions of Song of Singapore and Theda Bara and the Frontier Rabbi
- → more about Debbie Roshe
Thursday, July 22 • 8:00-9:30pm • ROBIN DUNN • Open Hip-Hop
- F.A.C.E. Coach, Choreographer and Producer, she is one of the key community leaders within the entertainment industry today
- client list includes “Saturday Night Live”, Nickelodeon, “Sesame Street”, Missy Elliot, Tony Award winner Heather Headley, Brian McKnight, and many more
- Directed “Amateur Night” at the world famous Apollo Theater
- → more about Robin Dunn
Monday, July 26 • 8:00-9:30pm • KAREN GAYLE • Int/Adv Modern/Horton
- Performed the works of such choreographers as Earl Mosley, Ronald K. Brown and Tony winner Hinton Battle
- Choreography commissions include: Marymount Manhattan College, The Harvard Ballet Company, General Mischief Dance Theatre, The Boston Tea Party Opera, and more
- Artistic director of the xodus dance collective
- → more about Karen Gayle