Photo: Paul B. Goode, Steps with Contemporary Masters – Nathan Trice
All international students applying for the program, must submit a completed application at least two (2) months prior to their desired program start date; programs start the first Monday of every month. This process entails online application, audition, and submission of financial documentation.
Whether you are auditioning onsite or through a video, a completed application must be submitted through the website, Acceptd.
Acceptd Application Instructions
- Select International Independent Study under programs
- Choose either live/video audition.
- If live audition through class observation, use calendar to request audition date. Please note: Class fee(s) must be paid in addition to the application fee.
- If live through Steps onsite / zoom audition, a completed application must be submitted before the audition date.
- Requirements for video audition include:
- Technique section: Demonstrate plies, tendus, adagio, pirouettes, petit, and grand allegro on both sides
- Artistry section: Solo in your preferred style; no more than 3 minutes
Click here to submit the application form through Acceptd.
There are no scholarships or financial aid available for this program. Classes are already reduced through enrollment.
In addition to your online Acceptd application, students must submit proof of sufficient funding for tuition and living expenses. This documentation is both for Steps and the embassy where you will obtain your M-1 student visa. Financial proof must be equal to or in excess of the following amounts:
|3 Month Program||6 Month Program||12 Month Program|
Photo: E. Patino, Faculty in Performance, choreography Korhan Basaran
The following approved documents must be in English and currency shown in US dollars:
- Official Bank Statement or Letter – on bank letterhead and includes balance equal to or in excess of the tuition and living expenses required.
- If funds are not in applicant’s name, an affidavit of support from the sponsor is required stating their ability and intention to provide support
- Official Proof of Income or Employment of Family Member – letter from a family member proving employment and ability to provide for full tuition and living expenses.
- Affidavit of Support or Official Award Letter – Sponsor or awarding institution must submit a letter naming the individual being sponsored, the amount and duration of support, and specify if the funds are renewable on an annual basis. If the award or sponsor is not covering the total cost of tuition, fees and living expenses, additional financial documentation must be included.
All students must have health insurance for the duration of study. Enrolling in Steps’ group health plan is available upon request.
- Notification of acceptance, via Acceptd, will occur within two weeks of receiving your completed application/audition.
- Tuition deposit must be made within time frame in acceptance letter
- Steps will issue a Form I-20 Certificate of Eligibility. This form, along with your letter of acceptance and financial documentation, must be submitted to your local American Embassy or Consulate to process your M-1 Visa.
Transfer/Change of Status Students
M-1 Visa students who are in the United States may transfer from other schools within the first six (6) months of their original school’s start date. A completed IISP application must be submitted and acceptance granted. An I-539 transfer application must be submitted to USCIS. J-1 or F-1 Visa students should contact the Program Director. Full application procedure and fees are required.