Photo: E. Patino, Faculty in Performance, choreography Chet Walker
The Steps Conservatory Program requires a commitment of 2 years (4 consecutive semesters – 18 weeks each) and is open for enrollment beginning in either the fall or spring. Students must be at an intermediate or advanced level and have minimally completed their high school education by the time the semester begins. If you are still in high school please visit The School at Steps.
Whether you are auditioning onsite or through a video, a complete application must be submitted through the website, Acceptd. Scholarships are only awarded through attendance at a scheduled Program/Scholarship Audition at Steps or as part of our national/international audition tour.
Click here for national/international audition tour
Acceptd Application Website Instructions:
- Select Steps Conservatory under programs
- Choose either Domestic/International and either live/video audition
- If live audition through class observation, use calendar to request audition date. Please note: Class fee(s) must be paid in addition to the application fee.
- If live through Steps onsite program/scholarship audition, a completed application must be submitted before the audition date
- Requirements for video audition include:
• Technique section: Demonstrate plies, tendus, adagio, pirouettes, petit, and grand allegro
• Artistry section: Solo in your preferred style; no more than 3 minutes
Click here to submit application form through Acceptd
All students are expected to have health insurance for the duration of study. Enrolling in Steps’ group health plan is available for international students upon request.
Notification of acceptance, via email, will occur within two weeks of receiving your completed application/audition. All students will attend orientation, and if necessary, placement classes per the discretion of the Program Director.
Students must have a working knowledge of the English language as course work is taught in English, and provide to the Program Director proof of sufficient funding for school tuition and living expenses. All documents must be in English and show proof of support in US dollars in the amount greater or equal to $27,000 per year. The following documents are acceptable forms of financial support:
- Official Bank Statement on bank letterhead in the name of applicant or sponsor
- Official Bank Letter on bank letterhead
- Official Proof of Income or Employment of Family Member providing support to the student. This may include an employer letter, paycheck stub, or income tax return.
- Afffidavit of Support by a Sponsor stating their ability and intention to provide support
- Official Award Letter from either the government or institution stating scholarship, grant, or loan renewable for two years. If not covering full amount please include paperwork for the remainder from one of the options above.