Study with New York’s most elite dance makers.
Summer Study NYC (SSNYC) is total immersion in New York’s concert and commercial dance worlds for the dancer preparing for a professional career. Summer Study NYC offers intermediate and advanced dancers, (ages 18 & older) the structure and community of an intensive with like-minded, talented dancers from around world. Each multi-disciplinary 4-week session is an opportunity to enhance one’s versatility, technique and artistry. Classes are taught by world renowned masters and our illustrious faculty.
PAST SUMMER STUDY NYC CURRICULUM:
Al Blackstone, James Kinney, Josh Bergasse, Patti Wilcox, Michelle Cave, Paul Peglar (vocal), Cindy Salgado, Jessica Lang, VP Boyle (acting), Corey Snide, Nick Palmquist, choreography by Michael Mindlin, Dana Moore & The Verdon Fosse Legacy, Tiffany Rea-Fisher (Artistic Director, Elisa Monte Dance), Harkness Center for Dance Injuries: Injury Prevention & Nutrition seminars, “Business of Dance” workshop with Fran Kirmser (resumes, reels, marketing & self-promotion), Mental wellness with Wendy Reinert of “Being a Dancer,” private coaching and Q&A sessions with leading industry pros, plus mock audition with a NYC talent agency and a final showcase for family and friends.
Program subject to change.
- DAILY TECHNIQUE & ELECTIVE CLASSES with Steps permanent and guest faculty. Classes available in all styles everyday including company ballet class twice per week.
- REPERTORY – Students will learn works from various guests to present in the final showcase.
- PERFORMANCE SKILLS/VOCAL/ACTING/IMPROVISATION – Discover practical techniques that enhance a performer’s artistry. Go beyond “the steps”. Acting & Vocal coaching plus numerous Q&A sessions to get an inside look directly from pros and their journeys to success.
- HEALTH & WELLNESS SEMINARS – Honor your complete self – body, mind, and spirit. Seminars for total wellness including injury prevention, nutrition, as well as mental and emotional well-being.
- BUSINESS OF DANCE & MOCK AUDITION – Combine your technical and artistic skills with the materials needed to get you working professionally. Finesse your resume, reel, headshot, website, audition skills, and more!
- CREATIVE TOOLS – Each week a guest choreographer will share their creative process with students to apply collaborative approaches to creating movement phrases. Facilitated by Tiffany Rea-Fisher (Artistic Dir., Elisa Monte Dance) this workshop culminates in student compositions presented in the final showcase.
- SHOWCASE PERFORMANCE for all participants, families and friends. Present vocal selections, repertory pieces and Creative Tools student projects.
We are so proud of our SSNYC Alumni who have gone on to perform on Broadway, Regional Theaters, The Rockettes, international stage productions, cruise ships, Lincoln Center, The Skirball Center, The High Line, as well as become company members of Elisa Monte Dance, Heidi Latsky Dance, Rioult Dance NY and more!