New Policies and Procedures for Participating
The health and safety of the dance community remain our first and foremost priority. All students (6 months and older), staff, faculty, administration, and visitors to 2121 Broadway must show proof of vaccination. Masks are optional in Steps on Broadway’s open class division, the Conservatory Program, and Steps Youth Programs. Some teachers may request that a mask be worn in class. Please be sure to check the schedule.
March 4, 2022
Effective March 7, 2022 Masks are now optional in Steps on Broadway’s open class division, the Conservatory program and in the Steps Youth Programs with the exception of classes with children under the age of five. Everyone in the building ages five and older are still required to show proof of vaccination. Some teachers may request that masks be worn in class. Please be sure to check the schedule and any notes.
August 17, 2021
The “Key to NYC” was launched on August 17, 2021. This initiative requires employees and patrons, 5 years and older, of Steps on Broadway to show proof of vaccination against Covid-19 to enter the building. Effective Immediately:
- People ages 5 to 12 are required to show proof they have received at least one dose of a Covid-19 vaccine, and people 12 and older must show proof of two doses (except for Johnson & Johnson recipients)
- Steps will be required to check vaccination status for customers and workers (Acceptable proof of vaccination includes CDC-issued vaccination card, photo of your vaccination card, the New York State Excelsior Pass, and the NYC Covid Safe App, which allows those vaccinated out of New York State to show proof of their status.
- Individuals who cannot present proof of vaccination along with an official government-issued ID will not be permitted in the building.
- Masks (Full Face Coverings- NO MESH) will be required while dancing, entering, and exiting the building.
- You MUST pre-register for all In-Studio classes. You will not be allowed into Steps without already having pre-registered and purchased your class online.
- Classes will not be available for purchase onsite at Steps. No Exceptions.
- ALL K-12 students are required to wear a mask.
- Our café and boutique will not be open at this time. To purchase Steps branded merchandise, please visit our online boutique.
Click here to download our most recent Active Health and Safety Plan.
Given current breakthrough of the Omicron variant, any customer who is vaccinated and is experiencing any symptoms that are associated with Covid-19, is strongly encouraged to stay home and get tested.
We appreciate your vigilance and dedication to ensuring the health and safety of our Dance Community.