New Policies and Procedures for Participating
Starting June 1, Steps will be dramatically increasing our number of In-Studio class offerings. Your health and safety will continue to be our priority as we increase capacity to 50% and add more classes. Please take note of our NEW registration requirements and health and safety protocols as you return to the studios. Masks are required to be worn at all times while in the building and in class. ALL Virtual Classes will continue to be offered.
- You MUST pre-register for all In-Studio classes. You will not be allowed into Steps without already having pre-registered and purchased your class online.
- Classes will be open for purchase/pre-registration 3 days prior to class date and time. (For example an In-Studio class on Monday April 12 will be available for sign-up on Friday April 9).
- Classes will not be available for purchase onsite at Steps. No exceptions.
- You MUST complete a health screening prior to your arrival at Steps.
- Check-in will now take place in Studio I, not at the Front Desk. This is to allow for proper social distancing and traffic flow.
- In-Studio class sizes will be limited to adhere to requirements from the City of New York. When you register for class, you will be able to see how many other dancers are already registered.
- Arrive at Steps no earlier than 15 minutes prior to the start of your class. If you arrive earlier, you will be asked to wait outside. The hallway will not be open as a gathering or warm up space.
- Come dressed and prepared to dance. Our dressing rooms will be open for restroom use only. Showers and changing areas are closed.
- Masks MUST be worn covering the mouth and nose at all times in the building including while dancing.
- You must leave Steps within five minutes of the end of your class and you should leave through the back staircase.
- Our café and boutique will not be open at this time. To purchase Steps branded merchandise, please visit our online boutique.
CLASS OPTIONS AND PRICING:
Classes offered In-Studio. Pre-enrollment required.
- Single class: $23 (expires 30 days from date of purchase and may not be extended or refunded)
- Single Union Pro class: $19.50 (expires 30 days from date of purchase and may not be extended or refunded)
Classes offered completely online. Includes instructor feedback and corrections.
- 60-minute classes: $12 (expires 30 days from date of purchase and may not be extended or refunded)
- 75-minute classes: $15 (expires 30 days from date of purchase and may not be extended or refunded)
- 90-minute classes: $17 (expires 30 days from date of purchase and may not be extended or refunded)
HOW TO PURCHASE:
- Log into your Steps online account and choose the In-Studio Classes Tab or click this link.
- Select your class and click “Sign Up Now.”
- All In-Studio dancers are required to complete a Health Screening within 2-3 hours prior to their arrival at Steps. To begin your screening text HI to 833-998-2955. You will receive a response from HealthShield with the daily screening questions. This must be completed every time you attend an In-Studio class at Steps. Students will NOT be allowed to attend class without completion of the screening.
- Dancers should not enter Steps building until they have passed the health screening and received indication that they are cleared for entry.
- Before registering for class, please be sure to review the Steps on Broadway Active Health & Safety Plan for a complete overview of our COVID-19 health and safety related protocols. Our Active Health & Safety plan is based on the latest guidance from the CDC, the New York State Department of Health and the New York City Department of Health.
- Please DO NOT arrive at Steps more than 15 minutes prior to your class start time.
- Late arrivals will not be admitted to In-Studio classes and will not be refunded.
- In-Studio classes are not transferable. There are no refunds.
- A complete list of FAQs can be found below.
In our Mindbody Store, choose the Virtual Steps tab and follow the instructions to purchase and enroll. You can also visit our Virtual Steps page for more detailed instructions and a dedicated Virtual Steps FAQ.