Professional Performance Workshops
NOVEMBER 29th – DECEMBER 7th
SHOWCASE: DECEMBER 7th
- Work with renowned Steps choreographers and network for future performance opportunities
- Immerse yourself in a dance rehearsal process that does not require a rigorous audition process
- Learn choreography in a fast-paced environment to enhance soft skills needed for a professional career
- Perform in the Steps Studio Theater under professional conditions, including high-quality lighting, sound, and operations systems, in front of a live audience, open to the public
- Connect with invited agents, casting directors, artistic directors, and dance journalists during a post-performance networking session
- Receive professional photo and video content to use for performance reels, audition materials, and personal marketing materials
4-day workshop: $275 | Union/Professional Rate: $250
Minimum age for Professional Performance Workshops is 17.
Tues. 11/28, Fri. 12/1,
Sun 12/3, Tues. 12/5
Wed. 11/29, Fri. 12/1,
Sat 12/2, Wed. 12/6
Wed. 11/29, Fri. 12/1, Wed. 12/6
Mon. 12/4, Tues. 12/5,
Wed. 12/6, Thurs. 12/7
@ 8:30pm in the Steps Studio Theater
Tickets: $5 General Seating – open to the public
Featuring Graduating Members of the Steps Conservatory performing choreography by Tommy Scrivens
Proceeds from ticket sales will be donated to the Carol Paumgarten Scholarship Fund to develop initiatives that increase accessibility to young dancers wishing to dance at Steps on Broadway.
Previous faculty and guest artists:
Andrew Black, Grace Buckley, Julie Carter, Denise Caston, Lloyd Culbreath, Nicholas Cunningham, Katie Drablos, Jenn Freeman, Michael Garcia, Karen Gayle, Billy Griffin, Catherine Hamilton, Lisa Harvie, Mindy Jackson, Barry Kerollis, Adrian Lee, Matt Lopez, Brent McBeth, Nick Palmquist, Richard Pierlon, Melissa Ramos, Juan Rodriguez, Debbie Roshe, Lynn Schwab, Samara Seligsohn, Jeff Shade, Max Stone, Shea Sullivan, Chet Walker, Jason Williams, Chaz Wolcott, Buglisi Dance Theatre, Complexions Contemporary Ballet, Parsons Dance, & Steps Conservatory.